The National Risk Management and Evaluation System (SINAGER) in compliance with the provisions of PCM 077-2020 approved by the Constitutional President of the Republic in the Council of State Secretaries on August 9 (9) of the year two thousand and twenty (2020) communicate to the national and foreign community:
1) That phase 2 of the TECHNICAL-OPERATIONAL STRATEGY FOR THE ACTIVATION OF COMMERCIAL AIR TRANSPORTATION begins.
2) That for August ten (10), 2020, the activation of the national air transport of passengers, cargo and mail is projected at the following airports:
- a) Toncontin International Airport, in the city of Tegucigalpa, with an opening hours from Monday to Saturday from 7:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- b) Ramon Villeda Morales International Airport, in the city of San Pedro Sula with opening hours from Monday to Saturday from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm.
- c) Juan Manuel Galvez International Airport, in the city of Roatan with opening hours from Monday to Saturday from 7:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- d) Goloson International Airport, in the city of La Ceiba with opening hours from Monday to Saturday with a schedule from 7:00 am to 5:00 pm.
3) For August 17, 2020, the activation of international air transport has been projected, which is conditional on:
- a) Analysis and approval of an Interinstitutional Committee that will verify the results of the opening with national flights.
- b) Operating restrictions at airports.
- c) New itineraries agreed with the different actors of civil aviation.
- d) Compliance with the measures established in this communication.
4) That for the purpose of moving to and from the airports, you must carry your air ticket either in digital or physical form, which will be exceptionally valid for travelers, including Saturdays.
5) It is strictly prohibited the circulation and entry to the air terminals of any person who is not a passenger, with the exception of the accompanying passenger of the elderly, people with limited mobility and minors traveling alone whose parents or guardians must do the respective process.
6) To ensure the effectiveness of the biosecurity procedures implemented in air transport, an expeditious procedure has been established that involves new requirements in addition to the requirements for entering/leaving the country determined in the Migration and Immigration Law, which are:
- a) Complete the information at https://prechequeo.inm.gob.hn/ of:
- Immigration pre-registration
- Health Surveillance Sheet
- Render a sworn declaration that will be submitted to the sanitary provisions of the country.
- Customs Form
- b) All passengers must present a negative result of the Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) test in real-time or rapid test with a minimum specificity of 85%, Sensitivity 98% for COVID-19, carried out in a period no greater than seventy-two (72) hours before entering the country. In unforeseen circumstances or force majeure, the passenger will undergo a clinical evaluation by the staff of the International Health Office.
- c) Compulsory compliance with the Protocol established in the International Health Regulations at the time of entry into the country (clinical evaluation and mandatory quarantine) if the health authority so determines.
- d) Comply with the other biosafety measures established in the Protocols of the Secretary of State in the Health Office (mandatory use of a mask).
- e) All travelers must ensure that they meet the requirements for leaving the country and entering the country of destination. Compliance with the requirements is the responsibility of the passenger.
If a foreign passenger develops symptoms of respiratory or acute infection or shows signs or symptoms compatible with a contagious disease, including COVID-19, they will undergo the process established in the protocol of biosecurity measures of international airports of Honduras (Industria de la Aviacion civil) Section 7 and 8 of the handling of suspicious cases in airports and aircraft.
7) The population is reiterated to take into account all the biosecurity measures that have been implemented in the air terminals and aircraft and to be at least three (3) hours before their trip at the corresponding air terminal.